Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I bet you think this blog is about you, don't you?

I realized yesterday that it was just about time for me to write a new blog. When I realized it was time for that, I realized for the first time ever, I DON'T have anything to write about. So I decided today I will write about....*drum roll please*.....nothing. That's right, you heard me, I am writing today about absolutely nothing. In all honestly, my patience with the human race these days is waning. Every day I see people do things, and hear people say things or type things, and I think to myself, what really is WRONG with people? I mean, is there something in the air? The water? Is 90% of the human race on some kind of weird drug, and I just didn't get the memo? OK so I'm sure some of you are now thinking 2 things. 1) what makes her so *&^%$# perfect? I am not, nor will I EVER claim to be perfect, so get that thought out of your head right now. 2) Crap! Is she talking about ME?! The honest truth on that one, is I could very well be. Let me break for a second here. I know some people reading this have automatically stopped taking in everything I'm saying, and started evaluating themselves. Cut that shit out. Yes you, seriously stop it. No I mean it, put the breaks on pal. If on the off chance I AM talking about you, keep reading before you freak out on yourself. The human race seems to have some weird natural need to "fit in" with...what? What on earth is everyone tried to fit IN too? I personally, do not like being shoved into a cookie cutter. They are sharp as hell and the metal chafes. But no for serious here stop giggling, where are we all tryin to fit? A very good friend of mine has a good word for people that try to fit themselves into cookie cutters. Sheeple he calls them. Followers. Your evaluating yourself again aren't you? For the millionth time STOP IT and just listen to me. Dare to be different. Wait no, scratch that. Dare to be you. I triple dog dare you. It isn't as hard as you think it is, actually it can be pretty easy if you set your mind on it. And STOP evaluating yourself damn-it all STOP it right now. Just be you.

1 comment:

  1. Big news ... you won the Ann Curry book! Don't know how to get in touch with you directly so I'm posting here. Send me your mailing address when you can ... and congrats!
    Ellen
    ellen (at) ellenmeister (dot) com

    ReplyDelete